Current Freebies with ANY Purchase:
Refreshing my sale tips:
As you might already know, ULTA’s Fall 21 Days of Beauty event begins Sunday September 2, 2018. Today I’m sharing some of the items I recommend, already have, or plan to purchase during the sale. But first let’s go over some tips:
- Daily Beauty Steals go live every morning at 1 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). To view the daily beauty steals go here for ULTA’s online calendar or here for my previous post of all the deals. There will be online only offers and platinum perk deals for Platinum and Diamond members. Some times you can catch the days previous offers and the next days offers in the same order. This may be advantageous if you are trying to meet a free gift with purchase minimum.
- Platinum and Diamond members will get free shipping on the daily Beauty Steals plus any other items they add to their purchase. You must be signed in to see the discount reflected in cart. Tip: if you plan to purchase any of the weekly Beauty Deals from the ULTA Beauty Collection, wait until a day that you plan to purchase a Beauty Steal to get free shipping (and use those $5 off $15 codes from the freebie bags we’ve been receiving all year).
- Speaking of coupon codes, even if an item says its excluded, test it out in cart. Sometimes the codes will work on Beauty Steals. This is more applicable to the Love Your Skin or Gorgeous Hair events but worth a mention here too.
- There is a limit of 2 per customer in regards to Beauty Steals. In store this is enforced as 2 per product. Online it is enforced as 2 per shade. You may place multiple orders of 2 if you want to stock up on something (or at least this has been permitted in the past).
- All daily Beauty Steals are while supplies last and things will sell out, especially for the newer brands to ULTA. In stores stock is usually very limited. If you really want a product, plan to be there when the store opens or stay up late to secure your online order. I have had things I wanted sold out the next morning (and I’m an Eastern Time Zone early riser!) by 6 a.m.
- Every night starting on Saturday September 1, usually around 9 p.m. EDT I will post the next day’s deal on my Instagram account along with any available freebies or relevant tips. I do this as a reminder of what the next day’s deal will be so you can plan to either stay up or make it to the store in the morning. There’s always a chance a new freebie or offer will come up the next morning, but you have to decide what is more important, getting the item or getting a freebie. I have some items I am not sure I want to purchase but could be swayed by an awesome freebie (you know how that goes). I will also post recommendations or my experience with the product and reference any swatches that I’ve done.
See my previous post for an outline of all of the daily beauty steals and hot buys for the event.
Week 2 (9/9-9/15)
September 9 — I’ve used the Bareminerals Mineral Veil for years and highly recommend it as a finishing powder. It blurs and blends everything together and gets rid of any “makeup-y” look. My favorite is the Hydrating Mineral Veil. I recently spotted many of the Mac Girl palettes at my local Cosmetics Company Store (Estee Lauder outlet) for less than this price. I don’t own any of these but I think they are a good value and seem to be of good quality (based on swatches). I would purchase one if I wasn’t trying to decrease the amount of palettes I’m purchasing. It Brushes and Exuviance skin care will also be on sale. I don’t have enough experience with either of those to give recommendations.
September 10 — The only product I’ve used from this day’s deals is the Estee Lauder DayWear moisturizer. This is another product that I have used many times over and really enjoy. If I didn’t already own a full size, I would purchase one.
September 11 — I own a few shades of the Buxom Plumpline Lip Liners and love them! The price for these is great. I like to use 2 shades together to create a more dimensional look. I also like to top these with a gloss and blend with the brush included on the end of the liner.
September 12 — I’ve not had much experience with LORAC mascaras but I have been using this one I got in a free gift previously. One end is a blue-tinted primer and one end is mascara. I like it but I prefer other mascaras more. Good news is this one doesn’t seem to smudge on me.
September 13 — My favorite Clarisonic brush head is the Radiance brush head. This is a great time to stock up on these since they don’t expire! I’ve been using the Smashbox Pore Minimizing primer which is similar to Benefit PoreFessional (on sale next week) but thicker and doesn’t cause my makeup to slide off my face. If you have issues with pores, I’d recommend giving it a try.
September 14 — I have one of the Dose of Colors liquid lipsticks. I love the shape of the applicator which sort of hugs your lips for a more precise application. If you love liquid lips sticks and haven’t tried these, I’d go for it! The It Cosmetics Brow Power gets good reviews but I have had so many issues with broken products I can’t recommend it. I’ve had numerous products were the stick of the product breaks off from the packaging and then I have to hold it in there to use it. Too much trouble in my opinion.
September 15 — Pick of the day is the CoverFX Setting Powder. I recently purchased this from the brand’s website. I also had this deluxe sample from a Sephora Play box. I enjoy this powder. It sets my makeup and look cakey or feel dry. I think this one will go fast so grab one quickly.
Come back next weekend to see my picks and reviews of week 3 of ULTA’s 21 days of Beauty. So what’s on your list to purchase? I’d love to hear from you either here or on my corresponding Instagram post.
Thanks for reading.
Offers are subject to change and I am not responsible for printed errors.
*Post contains affiliate links. I will earn a small commission if you purchase items using my links at no additional cost to you. If you choose to use my links, thank you for supporting my blog and Instagram account. All products featured were purchased with my own money and this post is not sponsored.